Автор: Деодатова Анна Владимировна
Для организации благоприятного климата на уроках ан.языка, для более эффективного достижения практических , общеобразовательных и развивающих целей , поддержания мотивации обучаемых
Релаксация – это расслабление после напряженной умственной деятельности . Цель ее – снять напряжение , дать детям небольшой отдых вызвать положительные эмоции , хорошее настроение
Использовать различного рода ……..
Доводы об особой значимости анг.языка в настоящее время не помогают
Большинство детей будут учить язык если им интересно , при увлекательности и нестандартности занятий языком ученики преодолевают все: и зазубривание слов фразами , и понимание сложного грамматического материала , и разговорное фразы с англ.интонацией
Answer the questions
- Why was the computer cold? – It left its Windows open.
- What do the computer like to eat? – Chips.
- What do the spider do on the computer? – Made a website!
- What is a cosmonaut’s favourite key on the computer keyboard? - The space bar.
- Why did the computer sneeze? - It had a virus.
- What does a baby computer call its father ? – data ( processor)
Tired after swimming the river Fred decided to get some sleep but the boolles made it impossible and even the smoke from his camp fire didn’t keep them away.
What is a boolle ?
a. wild animal
b. a giant mosquito
c. a kind of noise
d. I don’t know
Match the questions ( 1 to 8 ) to the answers ( A to H )
1. What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
2. What eats but never swallows?
3. What can turn without moving ?
4. What can you put inside a barrel to make it lighter?
5. What can you keep taking and still leave behind?
6. In what place does Thursday come before Wednesday?
7. What can you se in the water that never gets wet?
8. What building has the most stories?
C. the dictionary
E. a towel
F. the library
H. your reflection
Answers : 1E, 2D(rust “eats” iron) , 3B, 4G, 5A, 6C, 7H, 8F
How many words of 4 or more letters can you make from these word-wheels?
1. O O L T C K P B
2. E E K D J N F R
3. E A Y G D R W B
4. O U M B H S G T
1. tool, took, book , boot, loop, look, cool, pool, cook
2. feed, freed, deer, jeer, reef, need, keen
3. gear, dear, year, bear, wear, read, bead, beard, bread
4. tough, bough, mouth, shout, bought
Quiz. Are you a Good Friend ?
1. Your friend has not daone the homework . What do you do ?
a. laugh = 0
b. let your friend copy = 3
c. tell the teacher = 0
2. It ’s your friend birthday . Did you ….
a. buy a present = 3
b. say “Happy Birthday “ - 1
c. forget = 0
3. Your friend has forgotten the luch . Do you …..
a. share yours =3
b. eat yours in from of the friend =0
c. let him /her money = 1
4. Your friend calls or texts you while you are watching your favourite TV programme . Do you ….
a. ignore the message = 3
b. chat to your friend =3
c. tell them to call later = 1
5. You get a very good mark in school test and your friend gets a bad mark. What do you do ?
a. help him / her in the next test = 3
b. say your friend is stupid = 0
c. say never mind = 1
6. You are playing football and your friend falls over . What do you do ?
a. run on and score a goal = 0
stop and help your friend = 3
c. kick the ball out = 1
7. If you borrow money off a friend do you …..
a. forget to pay it back = 0
b. give it back after a while = 1
c. give it back as soon as possible = 3
8. A boy / girl you don’t know very well drops their school bag. Do you …..
a. help him / her to pick it up = 3
b. kick the bag = 0
ignore it = 0
9. Your best friend is on holiday for 3 weeks . Do you …
a. text every day = 3
b. find another friend = 0
c. not think of your friend = 0
10 . How many friends do you have ?
a. hundreds = 0
b. a big group of friends = 1
c. a few special friends = 3
Now calculate your points to find out if you are a good friend !
24 – 30 points You are a very good friend!
20 – 23 points You are quite nice to your friends but could help them more !
12 – 19 points You could be a much better friend if you tried !
1 – 11 points Have you got any friends ?
Brain – Ring
- Шекспир англ.поэт или музыкант?
- Эмили Дикенсон – поэт амер. или англ.?
- Как называют жителей Ирландии?
- Как называют жителей Шотландии?
- На каком языке говорят а Америке?
- Как называют шотландскую овчарку?
- Столица США?
- Столица Англии?
- Джеймс Кук исследователь или пират
- Кем работала Мэри Поппинс?
- Кто Эдди Мерфи по профессии?
- Родина футбола?
- Что производит Британская компания «Роллс-Ройс»?
- Джон Леннон , Джордж Харрисон , Ринго Стар , Пол Маккартни . А вместе ?
- Что изобрел Грэхэм Белл?
- Что можно делать а день Гая Фокса без опасения быть наказанным ? ( Жечь костры )
Break 7. Do you know that ….
80% of all information in the world’s computers is in English
75% of the world’s letters and faxes are in English
60% of all international telephone calls are made in English
More than 60% of all scientific journals are written in English
Break 8. Magic Numbers
30,00 – 600,000 There were only 30,000 words in Old English . Modern English has the largest vocabulary in the world nowadays - more than 600,000 words . ( About 450 – 500 words are added to the English vocabulary every year )
21,728 The largest English-language dictionary is the 20 - volume Oxford English Dictionary , with 21,728 pages
126 + 58 The most overworked word in English is the verb “set” . It has 126 verbal uses and 58 noun uses
45 The largest word in the English language is “pneumonoultamicrospicsilicovolcanoconiosis “ ( a lung disease ) with 45 letters in it.
Break 9. Russian words in English
balalaika bistro bliny cosmonaut dacha intelligentsia steppe taiga perestroika tsar tundra pogrom rouble samovar sputnik duma troika subotnik troika vodka sarafan
A Story about punctuation.
Punctuation can often say quite a lot .
One day , as a teacher walked into the classroom , she heard Tommy Andrews whisper to the boy next to him.: “ Here is the teacher. I’ll bet the silly cow is going to talk about putting in commas. The teacher said nothing but began to talk about putting commas and explained how important they could be. To show what she meant she wrote the sentence on the blackboard. “ Tommy Andrews says the teacher is a silly cow. The class laughed and Tommy Andrews looked very red. “ Now “ said the teacher “ I’ll show you how important commas are “ She put two commas into the sentence and it now read “ Tommy Andrews , says the teacher , is a silly cow”
Now the task : Put the commas to these sentences
1. King Charles the First walked and talked half an hour after his head was cut off.
2. Ceasar entered on his head his helmet on his feet his sandals in his hand his good sword in his eyes a fierce look.
In other letters.
Just imagine that the word “potato” could be spelled as “GH-OUGH-BT-EIGH-BT-EAU’
gh – as in hiccough ( pronounced like [p])
ough as in thou8gh ([ou])
bt as in debt ([t])
eigh as in neighbour ([ei])
eau as in bureau ([eu])
Beware! “ ough’ can be pronounced in eight different ways . The following sentences contains them all
A rough-coated , dough-faced ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough, coughing and hiccoughing thoughtfully
If you do not believe – consult the dictionary.
Do you know?
- In English, the names of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with : Europe, Asia, America…etc
- Canada is a Native American word with the meaning “Big Village “
- The world’s longest place name is Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, the name of a lake in Webster, USA. It’s a Native American word
Break 14. Competition
From the letters ELFA we can make the word LEAF. From each set of letters given make a word.
Odd Man Out ( третий лишний, игрок ,оставшийся без пары )
Here are two lists of words . In each list there is one word which does not belong in the list . Can you find the odd words?
APPLE CHERRY BANANA STRAWBERRY PEAR ONION ( onion – a vegetable )
RIVER LAKE SEA MOUNTAIN OCEAN STREAM ( mountain – is not water )
A man was once driving a black lorry . His lights were not on. The moon was not out. A lady was crossing the street . how did the man see the woman ?
Answer : It was a bright , sunny day.
A Riddle .
There is a house with four walls. Each wall faces south. There is a window in each wall. A bear walks by one of the windows. What colour is the bear?
Answer : White . If all the walls face south , the house is at the north pole , and the bear could be only a polar bear.
7 Curious Questions for the wittiest pupils.
- What didn’t Adam and Eva have that everyone else in the worlds has had? ( Answer : Parents )
- Can you name five days of the week without saying : Monday , Tuesday , Wednesday , Thursday , Friday ? ( Answer : the day before yesterday , yesterday, today , tomorrow, the after tomorrow)
- What doesn’t exits but has a name ? ( Answer : Nothing )
- Almost everybody needs it, asks it, gives it , but nobody takes it . What is it ? ( Answer : Advice )
- If a six children and two dogs were under one umbrella , how come none of them got wet? ( Answer : Because it was not raining)
- Do you say “ Nine and five is thirteen or Nine and five are thirteen? “ ( Answer : Neither . Nine and five are fourteen )
- What has 2 arms , 2 wings , 2 tails , 3 heads , 3 bodies and 8 legs? ( Answer : a man on a horse holding a chicken)
May 12th is Limerick Day. It celebrates the birthday of one of the world’s greatest limerick-writers, Edward Lear ( 1812-1888). And , of course , it also celebrates limerick poems. A limerick is made of five lines. The first , the second and the fifth lines rhyme with one another. The third line rhyme with the fourth.
And one more information. Limerick is the third largest city in Ireland.
There was a young lady, whose nose ,
Was so long that it reached to her toes;
So she hired an Old Lady ,
Whose conduct was steady,
To carry that wonderful nose.
There was a young lady of Niger
Who smiled as she rode on a tiger
They returned from the ride
With the lady inside
And the smile on the face of the tiger.
Выезжали три смелые леди
Выезжали на белом медведе
Возвращались все три
У медведя внутри
И улыбка на морде медведя
( С. Я. Маршак)